Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chicago Visit

Brett and I spent the past week visiting family in Chicago. It was a wonderful trip! We got to meet our brand new nephew, Jack.

We also went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field! If you ever get an opportunity to see a game at Wrigley Field you should go. Not only is it beautiful and historic, but it has the buzz of true baseball fans who know when to cheer without a big screen telling them to "Get Loud!" Here I am returning from the concession stand with hot dogs for all and peanuts for Brett's mom.

We also went to the fantastic Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry. If you love Harry Potter, you would love this exhibit! Do you recognize the Weasley's flying Ford Anglia?

Since this is a food blog I thought I would mention the drastic change in my eating habits when I am in Chicago. It can be summed up in one word: MEAT. I ate two hamburgers, a hot dog, a steak, sloppy joes, a pulled pork sandwich, lasagna, and more. The food was great (I highly recommend Ditka's Restaurant) but it was way more meat than I am accustomed to. Upon arriving home I planned an almost entirely vegetarian menu.

1 comment:

~kelly marie~ said...

HI Kim!! I am in Chicago right now! We missed each other by a week. That Harry Potter exhibit looks really fun! Wish I had time to go! I am glad you had a good time! :)