Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fried Rice

I have no idea why we don't make this more often but I'm pretty sure that now we will.  Brett and I both LOVE fried rice.  I MMMMMMMed all through dinner.  I can't even tell you the last time we made it (before last night of course.)  Not only is it delicious but it's also very very easy.  Although my mom's recipe is very good, Brett always insists on making his recipe which I think came from his sister and is also very good.  I think the peanut oil is the not-so-secret ingredient that really makes this fried rice so yummy .

Fried Rice
2 eggs beaten
3 T peanut oil
1 cup finely diced cooked ham
3 chopped green onions (put more if you like)
4 cups cold rice
2 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Fry the beaten eggs in oil until firm.  Remove from heat and cut into shreds.  Cook meat and onions about 3 minutes.  Add rice and put the eggs back in .  Mix soy sauce, sugar and salt; dribble over rice.  Stir until rice is hot.

No comments: