Friday, May 2, 2008

Pizza Noodle Bake

This week I tried a recipe from Simple and Delicious magazine called “Pizza Noodle Bake.” It is a casserole with all the makings of a pizza, but with noodles instead of crust. We had recently ordered a pizza that I highly recommend. The Rustic Italian Meats pizza from Papa John’s was delicious! So I was aiming to make this noodle bake take on some of those flavors. The recipe calls for ground beef, but I chose to use hot Italian turkey sausage instead. I sautéed the sausages with some red onion and green peppers.



Then, I sliced the sausages up and returned them to the pan with a whole jar of Prego sauce.


Next, I layered cooked egg noodles, meat mixture, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese twice. It baked for a very short time. I thought that the sausage was not spicy enough, and that there was too much fennel. If my palette can identify fennel, then it must be too strong. The overall results…it was fine…but give me a pizza any day. There is just no comparison to an actual pizza.

No comments: