Friday, November 7, 2008

Spiced Tea


At the first hint of fall I start getting thirsty for what I believe is the best spiced tea on the planet.  I made sure to have the ingredients on hand for when the perfect moment struck.  This past Tuesday it was drizzly outside and definitely had that "it's not summer anymore" feeling.  Of course I jumped on the chance to make spiced tea.

Here is Mamma's Spiced Tea recipe:
8 cups of water
3 tea bags (I use Lipton)
48 oz of orange/pineapple juice
2 cinnamon sticks
18 whole cloves
juice from 2 lemons
1 cup of sugar (I use less maybe 3/4 of a cup)

Just combine all the ingredients in a large pot and simmer over low heat for two hours.  When it's done, strain and drink it.

It always fills our apartment with the wonderful aroma of Christmas (no matter how far from Christmas it is.)  And when you're done smelling it simmer for 2 hours, it tastes like Christmas too.  So sweet and delicious.  I personally can't even taste the tea.  It just tastes like cinnamony, clovey juice to me.  Brett (a very stubborn non-tea person) claims that he can indeed taste the tea.  I'll just let you decide for yourself.   Mmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: