Monday, March 9, 2009

White Chocolate, Cherry, Oatmeal Cookies

My mom makes the best oatmeal cookies in the world.  I'm pretty sure it's the recipe from the back of Quaker Oats, but I would still put my mom's cookies up against anyone else's.  Usually I believe in the maxim, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," but I've gotta say that my mom's attempt to improve upon plain oatmeal cookies is quite delicious.  For the past couple of years she has been adding 1/2 a cup of white chocolate chips and 1/2 a cup of craisins to her regular oatmeal cookie recipe.

Hungry for cookies, Brett and I decided to try and recreate my mom's masterpiece with a twist: dried cherries instead of craisins.  Dried cherries are significantly larger than craisins so it adds a little work to chop them up, but I didn't mind.  The results were delicious, but Mom's are still better.

1 comment:

LL said...

Those cookies look DELICIOUS!