Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friendly Guacamole

I was planning our weekly menu and had a craving for guacamole. We hadn't made it in a long time and  Brett thought it sounded good too, so onto the menu it went. The next day, our friend just happened to give Brett some fresh avocados! What a wonderful coincidence! It reminded me of small town Arkansas where everyone brings everyone tomatoes from their garden. It is always so nice to receive fresh produce from a friend. Thanks Marie!

Our guacamole recipe came from my aunt Nancy and it is super easy and delicious. Thanks Nancy!

1 cup chopped tomato
3 avocados
1/4 of a chopped onion
1 minced jalapeno
1 T lime juice
1 tsp salt

I don't go exactly by the measurements, I just put what looks right. I definitely go easy on the tomato, but that's because I don't really like tomato. (We tried to make it once without tomato and it tasted weird, so just don't leave it out.)

It's hard to believe that I used to refuse to eat guacamole. I think it was the color and the mushiness that scared me. Who knows?  At least I came to my senses as an adult! It is sooooo yummy!

3 comments:

Nancy Hargrave said...

Hi Kim,
The guacamole looks delicious, makes me hungry for it!
Nancy

Kim in the Kitchen said...

Hi Nancy! Glad to see you leave a comment! The guacamole was wonderful, thanks to you! I do not even think about looking for another recipe.

Anonymous said...

I've been craving guacamole lately, and I'm going to use this recipe! Thank you! :)