Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Orange Shrimp with Rice

I love it when I find a recipe that both Brett and I agree is a keeper. I found this recipe in the latest issue of Simple and Delicious magazine and they aren't kidding around; it really is simple and delicious!

I halved the recipe, but I will include the whole recipe here.

Cook rice.

Mix 1/2 a cup of orange juice with 1/4 tsp of cornstarch, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 2 T of fresh torn basil.

Saute 1 lb of raw shrimp (I took the tails off for faster consumption) and 2 cloves of garlic in 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil.

When the shrimp turn pink, stir in the orange juice mixture and let it thicken for about 1 minute.

Serve over rice.

Sooooo easy! All that probably took 10 minutes. And the best part is that it's really yummy. I've never really enjoyed fresh basil all that much, but it was fantastic in this. The orange flavor was very subtle and the garlic is so good. We will definitely be making this one again.

No comments: