Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thai Veggie Pizza

Thai Veggie Pizza is a regular in our home mainly because it is so easy. The basis for this meal came from Simple and Delicious magazine. You just get a Boboli pizza crust, pour some spicy peanut sauce on it, top it with whatever veggies you like (I use green pepper, red onion, carrots, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms.) I also add peanuts and pineapple chunks. Then on goes the mozzarella and it's ready to go in the oven.

The only work you have to do really is chopping the veggies, which I happen to love doing. Ever since we got a good sharp knife I have realized that chopping is easy and fun and not nearly as dangerous as it used to be. With a dull knife you are more likely to be pressing harder and to slip, which is a recipe for disaster. Watching me chop used to be very scary...but not anymore.


Unfortunately, Thai Veggie Pizza has been the source of my biggest oops ever...Brett and I like to call this story "Floor Pizza." Brett had just gotten home from work during the summer and the pizza was just then beeping. I was so happy with the good timing:) Anyway, I put an oven mitt on one hand and a pot holder on the other and started to pull the pizza out of the oven. The pot holder must have slipped because I burned my fingers, yelled "OUCH!" and immediately dropped the cookie sheet. The cookie sheet hit the oven door and the pizza slid off (face down of course) onto the kitchen floor. My hand hurt and I was upset that my dinner was on the floor so I just stood there and cried. Brett came in and we both laughed and got it cleaned up. Then I asked, "Well now what are we going to eat?" Brett very matter of factly said, "I thought we would just still eat the pizza." So we laughed some more and ate the floor pizza. A little gross, I know, but it makes for a good story:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This floor pizza story made me laugh so much. You guys are awesome! I can't wait to try your thai pizza recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

kIM, i READ YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY E
NJOY