Friday, October 31, 2008

Something Scary

I love shrimp.  I had no idea that they are loaded with cholesterol!  My mom clued me into this fact and so I looked it up online and indeed 3oz of shrimp contains 43% of your cholesterol for the day!  This, of course, was learned after I made the wonderful "Cajun Shrimp and Rice" recipe found in the latest Simple and Delicious Magazine.


I sauteed shrimp and garlic in a T of olive oil and a T of butter.  To that I added 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning that Brett's mom got me for Christmas.  I hadn't used it before, but I'm so glad I've tried it now because it's delicious!  I'm going to look for more recipes with Cajun seasoning.  Then I tossed in some snow peas which is a veggie that we've grown to tolerate almost to the point of enjoyment (but not quite.)  The last step was adding some cooked rice and stirring it around.  So easy!


We loved it.  We ate the whole thing (6oz of shrimp each) and were raving about how we'd found something new to add to our rotation.

Now that I know how terrible shrimp is for you, it definitely won't be on our rotation.  But I know that it's ok to eat anything in moderation, so I'm sure we'll see this again at some point in the future when we feel like eating 86% of our cholesterol for the day.  AAAAAAAHHHHH!   Happy Halloween!  

No comments: