Sunday, October 5, 2008

Red Beans and Rice Soup

I'm always looking for a new main course to try (I'm never at a loss for desserts) and I came across this recipe in my Veggie Meals cookbook written, of course, by Rachael Ray.  At least this cookbook does not have a giant awkward looking picture of her, it is very subtly RR.  

I didn't leave anything out of this recipe even though Brett hates celery.  He admits that he couldn't even taste it!  Maybe that's the trick to making things taste good.  I did substitute red pepper for green pepper because I had some leftover, but that's not a big deal.  I also didn't measure the hot sauce.  The recipe called for two ounces, but it was only a five ounce bottle!  That sounded like way too much hot sauce so I shook until I thought it looked like enough which was way less than two ounces.

It was delicious, but not really a soup, and SPICY SPICY SPICY!  This was just below my spicy threshold (thank goodness) so I was able to eat it, but my tongue was on fire all night!  We've found another winner to add to our main course rotation, just next time less Tapatio!  

No comments: