Friday, March 13, 2009

Fantastic Ranch Potatoes

While I do try to eat and cook healthy things, I also believe that it is healthy to indulge every once in a while.  One particular indulgence that I love is ranch dressing- especially on fries.  This recipe (of my mom's) is kind of a compromise.  It gives me my ranch and potatoes- minus the fries.

I chopped up seven red potatoes with the skin on.  I put a couple of handfuls of potato cubes into a casserole dish, then I sprinkled them with seasoning salt and several dots of butter. I repeated this process until all the potatoes were in the dish, ending with seasoning salt and butter.  With the lid on, it went in a 350 degree oven for about an hour (or until the potatoes were soft.)

I mixed a packet of ranch salad dressing mix with 8 oz of sour cream and globbed it over the top of the cooked potatoes.  I finished with a couple handfuls of cheddar cheese and then put it back in the oven until the cheese melted.

I must admit that I was so excited to eat this, that I completely forgot to take a picture of it.  I did, however, remember the following day when I ate some of the leftovers.  YUM!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Good idea. These look great.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com