Friday, March 13, 2009

Fantastic Ranch Potatoes

While I do try to eat and cook healthy things, I also believe that it is healthy to indulge every once in a while.  One particular indulgence that I love is ranch dressing- especially on fries.  This recipe (of my mom's) is kind of a compromise.  It gives me my ranch and potatoes- minus the fries.

I chopped up seven red potatoes with the skin on.  I put a couple of handfuls of potato cubes into a casserole dish, then I sprinkled them with seasoning salt and several dots of butter. I repeated this process until all the potatoes were in the dish, ending with seasoning salt and butter.  With the lid on, it went in a 350 degree oven for about an hour (or until the potatoes were soft.)

I mixed a packet of ranch salad dressing mix with 8 oz of sour cream and globbed it over the top of the cooked potatoes.  I finished with a couple handfuls of cheddar cheese and then put it back in the oven until the cheese melted.

I must admit that I was so excited to eat this, that I completely forgot to take a picture of it.  I did, however, remember the following day when I ate some of the leftovers.  YUM!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good idea. These look great.