Monday, February 25, 2008

Pizza Twist

This Pampered Chef recipe only shows up on weekends mainly because Brett is the pizza twist master, and I won't make it without him. Saying it like that makes it sound like I'm doing more than I am. I prepare the filling (which is very easy) and Brett does everything else.

The filling is just torn up turkey pepperoni (tastes the same as regular without the grease), a couple handfuls of mozzarella cheese, one clove of chopped garlic, and a couple tablespoons of flour.

That's when Brett takes over. First, he takes a Pilsbury French Loaf, slits it lenthwise down the middle and the opens it up and rolls it out a little bit. Then he takes half of the filling, places it in the center of the loaf, and pinches the sides back together (hiding the filling inside.) He repeats the process with another French loaf and the rest of the filling, so that he has two logs.




Then he takes the two logs, crosses them on a silpat on a cookie sheet (seams down), and then crosses the ends over each other once more. Parmesan cheese gets sprinkled on top, and it's ready to go in the oven.



We don't exaclty follow the recipe for the baking (because we've ended up with doughy bites still on the inside), and I'm not exactly sure how long Brett lets it go for, but once it comes out of the oven he lets it cool for a few minutes before he cuts it up, then he puts it back in the oven for a few more minutes. This helps tremendously with eliminating the doughy bites. Here it is almost done.


I forgot that I actually do something else for this meal! I get a jar of Prego out of the fridge and heat up a little bit of sauce for us to dip the pizza twist in! Tough I know! And by the way...Brett and I do eat all of this in one sitting!

No comments: