Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spicy Spaghetti

Since dinner tonight will be leftover taco ring (you actually thought Brett and I could eat all of that in one sitting?!) I decided to do a lunchtime blog post. Today for lunch I made spicy spaghetti which is extremely easy and I guess somewhat of my own invention, but based on very classic flavors. All you do is cook spaghetti, drain it, put it back in the pot, drizzle with olive oil, press however much garlic you like (one clove is plenty for me because it is raw) right into the pot, and add a few shakes of red pepper flakes. Stir it all up and put it in a bowl. Then you top it off with parmesan cheese and eat it! It is spicy and delicious!


A lunch post for me will be very rare considering I have what I'll just call "major lunch issues." At lunch time nothing ever sounds good, I don't like cooking when it's just for myself, and I refuse to get fast food. So a lot of time I'll end up eating cheez-its (by the way the reduced fat cheez-its are delicious.) A good lunch for me is pasta like today or a quesadilla. Usually what I eat for lunch, most people would call a snack. Sometimes it's yogurt, a granola bar, maybe a salad, maybe an apple. I think some of my problem stems from the fact that I hate sandwiches which is what most people eat for lunch. Anyway...I've been working on this problem for a while now...and will continue to work on it. If you have a good suggestion for lunch let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell that I'm procrastinating at work? Quesadilla suggestions:

French-inspired: Gruyère cheese, slivers of sweet onion, and little bits of ham

Italian-inspired: Pesto, mozzarella, grilled chicken

I'm glad to see you're blogging often! The font issues look like they've been resolved. How do you like it? Have you tried putting in a second picture? :)