Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day Omelet


I want to wish all of the fathers out there a Happy Father’s Day. The dad at our house requested an omelet for his father’s day breakfast and at our house the person honored gets to eat off of “the red plate”. (We have “the red cup”, too.) I thought I would share his favorite omelet with you.

I make a four-egg omelet and we share it. First I melt some butter in a small non-stick skillet, then I sauté some chopped green onions and sliced fresh mushrooms until they are tender. Remove from heat and set aside. Next I put four eggs in a bowl and stir vigorously until well blended.

In a medium non-stick skillet, add some more butter. When the butter is melted and hot, pour in the eggs. Cook until most of the egg is set. Then add the sautéed green onions and mushrooms on one side. Also, add some grated cheddar cheese. Fold over one side of the omelet and cook for 30 seconds, then flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds. That way the cheese on the inside will melt nicely.

Next I cut the omelet in half and place on plates. Garnish with extra cheese and serve it with salsa if desired.

No comments: