Wednesday, February 4, 2009

French Toast Oops

Think of the worst meal you could possibly drop on the floor... whatever you're thinking of has to rival what I dropped last night.

When I make Baked French Toast I soak the bread in a pyrex dish and then I stack all the sopping, eggy, milky bread in one precarious tower of death while I rinse out the pyrex and get it ready for baking.  The tower has fallen over before, but always onto the counter.  As I was stacking last night it did cross my mind that it looked more precarious than usual and sure enough, as soon as I turned my back to rinse the dish out, PLOP!

I yelled, "Oh no!" but of course Brett is used to hearing that, so it wasn't until the second, "Oh no," that he responded.  In the meantime I had picked up all of the bread pieces (5 second rule right?) and put them back where they came from but not stacked.  The floor was recently cleaned, and there was no visible debris so... into the oven it went.

The moral of this story?  DON'T STACK UNCOOKED FRENCH TOAST or even better ALWAYS KEEP THE KITCHEN FLOOR CLEAN

(If you haven't read any of my other food on the floor stories then here are the links...yes links is plural.  Thai Veggie Pizza,  Floor Spaghetti)

No comments: