Sunday, March 2, 2008

Floor Spaghetti Anyone?


Well, just when I thought that I'd been going a pretty long time without any major oops in the kitchen, disaster struck. I hate wasting food, and I hate wasting money, so I was especially upset tonight when I had just drained our spaghetti for dinner and was in the process of transferring it back to its pot, when the colander jumped out of my grasp and dumped all the spaghetti out. (Notice that I blame the colander.) About half of it landed on the floor, the other half landed on the stovetop, a few strands actually made it into the crack between the stove and the counter, and none of it made it into the pot. Floor pizza is one thing, but floor spaghetti?! I don't think so. I just cleaned up and made some more (without incident.) If I'd have been thinking, I would have taken a picture of the mess, but clearly I had other things on my mind.

Tonight's meal was lemon spaghetti from Giada's Everyday Italian cookbook. The first time I made it, it was delicious, and I think it has gradually gone downhill. It's lemony fresh and ok, not good and not bad. So I think I'll probably retire this meal. Brett's not a big pasta fan anyway. We also had some homeade Garlic Parmesan Rolls, courtesy of chef Brett, that I will blog about soon.

I hope that tonight's dinner debacle will be the last... but knowing me, that's not very likely, is it?

1 comment:

Kim in the Kitchen said...

By the way...DO NOT put spaghetti down the garbage disposal! I learned the hard way.