Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Three Bean Salad

A few weeks ago I tried a three bean salad at a friend's party that was surprisingly good. I told the person who brought it that I really liked it and she confessed that it was from Costco. I thought I would try to make one at home so I found a recipe on the Food Network website that sounded similar. I had never used fresh green beans before, so that was kind of fun. I don't know if they were the best quality green beans though because some of them looked a bit questionable. Also they were much lighter green than I am used to seeing. The recipe also called for wax beans, but I didn't see any at the store so I used garbanzo beans instead. I think the dressing was a tad too vinegary for my taste, and Brett thought that the red onion was overpowering. I was able to eat it, but I don't think I will make this again. I think I would have liked it better a little bit sweeter (big surprise.) Even though I halved the recipe, we were still left with lots of leftovers. I know what I'll be eating for lunch tomorrow...maybe:)

No comments: