Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Free Cookbooks!


I don't know how in the world I never thought of this before, but this week I was at the library looking for a new book to entertain me during my lazy afternoons, and it struck me to wander over into the nonfiction section and look for books about cooking. I am a fiction gal through and through, and unless I'm looking for something very specific, I never even glance toward the nonfiction section. It is the motherload of cookbooks! There was a whole aisle full of them! I checked out 2 (on vegetarian cooking as you can see) and will look through them and try a few things and then return them. It is so much more economical than buying a cookbook, trying a few recipes, and then letting it collect dust. It also saves space. I have absolutely no place to store another cookbook (I've got a stack on the floor by the bed,) so this way it's out of my hair in a few weeks. I've always loved going to the library and now that I've discovered their cookbooks, I have no doubt that I will love it even more. What a wonderful resource that so many people are not using! Check it out (literally!)

No comments: